SHELL HAVEN ACCESS ROAD JANUARY-MAY 2019
Henderson & Taylor were called in to resurface the access road at Shell Haven. The project ran from January 2019 to May 2019 and comprised
- Planing off the existing surface, which was then used as recycling material for later projects.
- Excavation works and removal of vast soft spots and sunken carriageway, which was replaced with capping/rock.
- Installing a new drainage system and adding gullies to remove surface water.
- Placement of reinforced concrete slab for the full length of the carriageway to provide stability for the surface layer.
- Lowering of High Voltage power ducting to below the formation layer of the carriageway for safety reasons.
- Installation of a new communications ducting system within the walkway.
- Installation of the new walkway for the full length of the carriageway, including kerbing.
- Laying of a new base course, binder course and surface course to the carriageway, and binder and surface courses to the footway.
- Installing speed humps for traffic management.
- Line marking along the entire length of the carriageway.