Network Rail, C2C, and Thurrock Borough Council called in Henderson and Taylor to update their car park and install a temporary ticket office whilst the main station building is being demolished and rebuilt. The project ran over 3 days in November 2019 and include
- Re-line-marking the car park to include more disabled bays and a roundabout.
- Installing a new temporary ticket office.
- Building a new ramp for disabled access to the new ticket office.
- Building a raised walkway for access to the ticket office.
- Relocating the bike rack section.
- Running a High Voltage power supply underneath the roadway to the main station area the other side of the road, and installing a new brick
- built feeder pillar box to house the connections.
- Resurfacing the area of road which was disturbed to house the electrical ducting.